Wednesday, September 5, 2012

J.Co Donuts


Yes, J.Co has finally arrived in the Philippines! With its very first store at Mall of Asia, I had experienced to line up for two hours just to acquire my two dozen donuts! The store opened a month ago and had my taste bud enjoyed J.Co’s donuts just last week when my younger sister generously slashed 350 php of her take home pay for a dozen of donuts. Boxed in bright orange, I immediately picked this creamed colored ring with generous sprinkles of shaved nuts which my sister named “alcapone” a favorite pick at J.Co. The alcopone was a treat – aesthetically it looks gourmet donut in elegant cream color; texture was a mix of soft and crunch from dough and nuts; sweetness in just right proportion both from dough and cream that makes me guilt free.




As the saying goes… every first is unforgettable! Thus, it prompt me pay visit at its store at MOA and secure myself two dozens of assortments to pamper my taste buds with the region’s favorite treat. On a Sunday evening, I arrived at J.Co quarter past eight and was amazingly surprised to see clean shelves and was informed by guard-on-duty that they run out of donuts as early as 7 pm and another batch was expected to arrive by 9 pm. So I decided to have a beef bowl on nearby store as I wait. By 9 pm patrons were already lined up, good thing is that they have number system and freebies of yogurt and frozen drinks that pacified our discomfort.
While obediently on line holding my no. 18 claim tag, I had learned a lot about J.Co as I stared and tried to read signage in store, chit chatting with my fellow customers and demanding explanation from crew on delayed donuts:

  • J.Co have their dough (base donut) manufactured in Imus, Cavite and only the sprinkling, coating and designing was done in store – this I learned from J.Co staff as she explained that delivery truck was stuck in traffic in Cavite.
  • J.Co’s logo is not the female “clit” but of a peacock!- this I figured and argued with my companion as we stared on it’s logo for the longest hour


  • J.Co’s donuts were reasonably priced: 230 php for half dozen; 350 for a dozen and 550php for 2 dozens in assortment

  • J. Co offers not only donuts but one can chill with J. Cool Yoghurt, be delighted in the bite-sized J. Pops baby donuts, or just marvel in the rich flavor of J. Coffee
  • J.Co is Asia’s finest – with stores in Bali, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Shanghai and now Manila
  • J. Co’s tagline: “Enjoy it the J.Co way”
  • Contact them – hotline:+6328448441; www.jcodonuts.com.ph; email: hello@jcodonuts.com.ph

Almost 11pm when I had my Alcapone, Oreo, Mr. Green tea, Strawberry sprinkles and Black forest boxed up, I wonder how long J.Co fever will last. The scenario was no longer new for me, I had lined for openings of clothing line, Health Juices and the likes but after a month or two they could not sustain the same amount of customer during opening. Like sugar glazed of Krispy Kreme and Bavarian of Dunkin Donuts; the Alcopone of J.Co will be its flag bearer for its memorable, stand out and delightful. Having a dozen of J.Co donuts as I write, I say that J.Co is something to look out for – it has innovation, it’s not complicated that you could easily decipher each donut represents, reasonable price that doesn’t intimidates and their sweetness is in right dosage that made you ask for more.



1 comment:

  1. Correction Po.... MOA isn't their first store, Megamall it is!

    ReplyDelete