Wednesday, May 23, 2012

KOPIKO KOPICCINO



Research and Development groups of coffee manufacturing, I must say are among the most innovative for evolution of coffee have continually left consumers in great surprises. Gone are the days of jars for coffee, sugar and creamer; hotels had shelved their china wares and found its use as plain displays and coffee sachets with logos imprinted are the now on standard operating procedures.

The convenience of 3-in-1 coffee, beneficial anti-oxidants, slimming coffee incorporating the magic of mushrooms, ginseng as added stimulants, a choice of decaf for caffeinated drink, intensity varying from mild to strong, brown sugar or white sugar and flavors that soothes your tastes are amongst revolutionary changes in coffee industry.  


Caffeine had not been nervous system friendly to me, I shrugged off invitation for coffee dates and coffee had been on my least priority grocery list. Not until, I encountered Kopiko’s latest invention – the “KOPICCINO.” The extravagance of foamy cappuccino of my office next-door neighborhood coffee shop now comes handy in 25g sachet for retail price of 8 php.


Due to lack of manpower, I was scheduled on night shift and literally resort to slapping myself to keep awake when one of our kitchen supervisor offered me her cup of coffee, which, I declined for coffee reason. Doing sensory evaluation, she toyed on me by presenting Hedonic sensory evaluation sheet and presented two cups filled with hot beverages labeled as A and B. For sample A – it received overall rating of 3 (average) but had high marks in terms of aroma, while, sample B – had a high mark of 4.3 (almost very like) for its unique tasty blend of instant coffee, sugar and creamy foam milk. In addition, fine chocolate granules were sprinkle at the top of foamy cup. It made me realize for my sensory recalibration that night for I had almost convinced that Kopiko – Kopiccino in sachet was an authentic cappuccino.


How To Prepare:

Pour all the content of Kopiko Kopiccino sachet in a cup and add 150 ml of hot water at 75oC, then stir gently. Pour the chocolate granule on top of the foam and enjoy an unmatched delicious coffee experience.


Ingredients:

Sugar, non dairy creamer, instant coffee, choco granule (contains skim milk powder and malt extract), cappuccino flavor.

For Chocolate Granules – sugar, malt extract, skim milk powder, non dairy creamer ( glucose syrup solid, hydrogenated palm kernel oil, stabilizer E340, Sodium caseinate, Emulsifier E471, Free Flowing agent E551, Beta carotene E 160a), cocoa powder, chocolate flavor, emulsifier, salt, vanillin

No comments:

Post a Comment