Thursday, September 20, 2012

Ruby's Cupcakes

I happened to attend a kid’s birthday party in Sucat, Paranaque. Aside from the celebrant’s fairy costume with matching pair of wings another caught my attention was that of cupcakes surrounding the birthday cake – sprinkled with colourful star sugar candies over white tempting cream. I thought it was part of promo package which later I learned was homemade from one of the guest.



Cupcakes were of simplicity that screams of homemade quality and I promised myself to fight over and grab at least a cup to satisfy my craving. Luckily, like heaven heard my plea and alms for piece of bread, the host handed me the coveted cupcake. The base was made of moist chocolate cake, topped with generous amount of cream and adorable sprinkle of colours. Surprisingly, it was not that sweet to torture one of sugar guilt, the chocolate flavour was distinct, while, the cream was of smooth texture that does effectively its job to compliment well with chocolate base cake. I wish to have one more but as I look over the table it was ransacked leaving the area cleared of even crumbs for evidences.




I had the chance to chat with the creator of the said cupcakes – her name is Ruby Ann Camposano (or Ruby), a graduate of Food Technology and had worked with Restaurant specializing with Cakes and currently employed in a food manufacturing. I had learned that pastries (cakes in particular) are her forte and had been creating cakes for family, friends and brethren. She literally bakes at home when ever order comes in.  She dreams of opening her own café before she retires from work and focus on being a businesswoman. The most surprising fact I learned on that day was that cupcakes was priced at lowest 25php a piece – with the volume and quality of her work, I won’t be fascinated to see her name go far in cake business.


Ms. Ruby resides in Sucat, Paranaque. You can text her at 09177519478



No comments:

Post a Comment