Wednesday, November 7, 2012

MINI DACHSHUND


In 2009 when my half breed Labrador named Bitoy had grown enormous that playtime with him get physically tiring. Bitoy remained adorable but made me decide the next time I’ll have a dog should be of a miniature. On same year when a friend offered me a great deal of his male mini pincher that I could not declined. I visited his place to check on the pup for sale and observed it to be shy as he retreats from his box, plays coyly behind other puppies and hid his head under my jacket appealing to my protective instinct as I raised him. I remembered that in picking out a puppy, (1) I shouldn’t be hasty; the longer I study puppies, the better I will understand them, (2) to make transcendent concern to select a puppy that radiates good health and spirit and is lively on his feet, (3) He should have bright eyes and shiny coat, (4) and the important thing is that he should come forward eagerly to cultivate my acquaintance.

I went that night without the mini pincher but with a short brown haired coat mini dachshund I named Zac – I didn’t pick him, but Zac forthright picked me as soon he was released from his caged and eagerly came to me and at that very moment the feeling of attraction was mutual. After little paper works – transfer of ownership, registration material and immunization shots documents, Zac was legally mine.


I was not prepared of owning mini dachshund but I tried applying what I had learned when Bitoy was still a pup. Zac on his first night exhibits anxiety with his new environment I wanted to comfort him, but as a friend told me not to overly console giving him the “oh-you-poor-itsy-bitsy-puppy” treatment. Just be calm, friendly, and reassuring. I encouraged Zac to walk around and sniff over his new home. For his first night, my pup choose to sleep a top my laundry bin perhaps for the reason that my used shirt had strong in human scent, that Zac picked it out to lie on, thus furthering his feeling of security in the room.


Zac was born October 6, 2008 and turning 4 year older, he had grown still in adorable size and proportion that of standard to miniature Dachshund. I might have spoiled Zac in many ways but he deserves such treatment as a buddy he gives much loyalty, joy and love. Here are some facts, I had observed with Zac that might be helpful as you decide to raise Mini Dachshund as a pet:

1.       A Dachshund can share every family mood: exuberant when I’m gay; raring to go when I’m ready for a walk, a ride, or a boisterous game; happy to curl up near me when  I’m engaged in a settled occupation; and most responsive to every demonstration of my affection.


2.       It is not expensive to feed a Mini Dachshund; you can feed your Dachshund economically and keep him in perfect shape the year round. Fresh, cool water should always be available. This is important to good health throughout his lifetime.

3.       When a Dachshund’s skin and diet are right, it generates its own hair oil and rubbing or brushing brings the coat to a beautiful gloss. A smooth Dachshund coat (like Zac’s) requires no more care than to stroke it vigorously with the palm of your hand.


4.       Bathing a Dachshund regularly is not necessary or desirable. A dog’s body temperature is not regulated by perspiration on the skin, but is “air conditioned” by oral evaporation intensified by panting. Many Dachshunds has lived a long, happy and socially acceptable life without one bath. Dachshunds rarely need baths, but when they do they are cooperative and patient.

5.       Jumping up or down should be regulated or discouraged. Dachshund proportions and structure were developed to function on or under the surface of the earth, not in the air. They should be trained to carry their weight on all four legs. Jumping up to heights greater than their own may overdevelop hindquarters and cause the high croups which disfigure many Dachshund backlines.


6.       A Dachshund breed has a life expectancy of 14 to 16 years, which is very promising for any dog!

7.       Dachshund is pronounced as doxhoont (oo as in foot). In German, dachs means badger; hund means dog; Dachshund thus means “badger dog.”
  

No comments:

Post a Comment