Friday, October 26, 2012

PAULO AVELINO


I don’t personally know Paulo Avelino; I’m not a fanatic neither a showbiz writer nor a movie critic. I’m someone who writes of something about that pleases me, of something beautiful and extraordinary such as the acting prowess that Mr. Paulo Avelino had showcased in the last two weeks of airing of Walang Hanggan ( via ABS-CBN). I rarely got the chance to watch Walang Hanggan but its trending topic in the office during lunch and coffee breaks, thus, I have more or less idea of what the story about. I was on merge doing my thesis proposal and facebook chatting when my aunt called me for dinner. Everyone glued on TV screen when Nathan (played by Paulo Avelino) found out that Katerina (Julia Montes) was pregnant with Daniel (Coco Martin). Nathan rushed home and confronted his parents (Richard Gomez and Dawn Zulueta) about what he learned, there was intensity in Paulo Avelino’s eyes as he delivered his lines with much conviction, the emotion was overflowing but was not overly done. It was his moment that he outshone his veteran co-actors; he was convincing that I was on seat edge as the commercial cued. 


Another scene when Nathan was admitted in mental institution, his parents watched him being dragged into his room. Paulo looks helpless as he screams with voice of anguish and distress; in that scene he exhibited variety of emotions: disappointment, pain, anger, rebel and psychotic which he delivered convincingly. It’s a free TV and I was not expecting such deliverance from Paulo Avelino who had made me all praise of him.


Paulo Avelino, born as Michael Paulo Lingbanan Avelino is a product of reality talent show Starstruck (via GMA), In August 2011, he moved to ABS-CBN and stars in the series Walang Hanggan famously known as Nathan Montenegro.  An image model of Bench which billboards had been head turner in Edsa, with sexy image that gradually replaced as multi-talented actor as he also sings with his self titled album under Universal Records and Gawad Urian Best Actor for Sayaw ng Dalawang Paa


No comments:

Post a Comment