Thursday, April 26, 2012

CONTIS CAKES - Your Premium Cakes


One Sunday evening my partner called and sweetly asked me to bring him home even one slice any of Contis cake. I had decided to buy mini strawberry shortcake for him and mini white velvet chocolate for my mom. I called Contis BF Parañaque branch and placed order for delivery. However, I reached cut-off time for delivery by 7 pm and was told that they do not deliver cakes and was advised to make reservation for pick-up, which I obliged. The problem visiting take-out counter of Contis is that cake display never failed to divert my original plans that I ended up buying regular size chocolate mousse and mini chocolate overload that had cost me 1,063 php.

Choco Overload Cake and Chocolate Mousse
 I was introduced to Contis way back 2007 when Regular size Mango Bravo was still priced at 670 php. I was on search for best Maother’s day present when our socialite finance manager at San Miguel Corp. approached me and suggested Contis cake and Mango Bravo in particular. Reputed to have a superb taste and money spending extravagant I simply ignored her suggestion. Reading Sunday newspaper on food and leisure section, I chance upon review on Contis Cakes and categorized Mango Bravo as one of the best in the Philippines. That same day I rushed to BF Parañaque and bought my first Mango Bravo from Contis.

Mango Bravo...Staple in Contis' Display
From then on Contis had been staple food on our table and never misses out any occasions. Expect our refrigerator with this box in yellow and green (red during Christmas) to occupy enormous space, If Purefood’s fiesta ham labeled as star of noche Buena, Contis cakes is hailed as star of birthdays in our home.

Door to Temptation

Contis cakes are priced almost the same as commercialized cakes. Furthermore, the designs are like work of art – simple yet exude class with its intricate designs. In terms of flavor, there is variation and the tastes stands for its claim – chocolates are chocolates, strawberry is strawberry, peach is peach and you’ll miss sugar with its light sweet note; size of cakes are of generous in terms of diameter and height without sacrificing quality.  What makes Contis more special is that you’ll exert effort to buy one – currently, they only have 6 branches (ATC, Katipunan, Serendra, Greenhills, Trinoma and BF Parañaque) and during holidays people do line up with number system and runs out of stock on unfortunate days.

Search the Logo in Green and Yellow
Working in food business for almost 9 years, Contis Cakes have continuously satisfied my standards in terms of quality and value for money. The best part is that it never failed to bring smile on faces as I bring home Contis Cakes. I share to you my top favorite cakes of Contis:

TURTLE PIE
A friend working under Research and Development of Contis had introduced me to this Turtle Pie – which she had developed. I like the way heavy fudge and whipping cream compliments each other. Best served with coffee, tea or tsokolate ga (regular: 575 php)

Turtle Pie

STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE
Honey cake filled with layers of creamy vanilla icing and strawberries finished with whipped cream icing. When eating this strawberry shortcake, I first scrape off the vanilla icing filling and saves for last and attacks honey cake with whipped icing topped with strawberries. (Mini 395 php)

Mini Strawberry Shortcake

CHOCO OVERLOAD CAKE
In Contis, overload means – Layers of moist chocolate cakes with rich choco creams and icing topped with ganache and drizzled with chocolate syrup. (Mini: 495 php; reg: 775 php)

Loaded to the Max!


VIENNESE MOCHA TORTE
Layers of mocha-flavored mousse wafer and moist choco cake coated with rich mocha butter cream icing topped with almond sticks finished with chocolate ganache. (mini: 495 php; reg. 795 php)

Empire of mocha butter cream

MANGO BRAVO
The cake of cakes - Layers of wafer, cream and fresh mangoes coated with whipped cream icing, topped with fresh mangoes and drizzled with chocolate syrup (mini: 625 php; reg: 1,150 php)

The famous Mango Bravo....Bravo!

4 comments:

  1. I also love Choco overload cake and mango bravo... i have to blame for my cravings right now. Damn! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to asked if the mango bravo cake can last for 5 to 6 hrs unrefrigerated? When I got to taste this cake I really want to but for my mom, but unfortunately my mom is in the province. My workmates said that it will easily melt when not refrigerated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sorry for the long overdue reply. No it won't last for 5 to 6 hours in room temperature. Last time, I bought Mango Bravo at ATC and had it immediately drove back home to my sister at Cavite within 2 hours it turned foamy (white cream) and partially collapsed.

      Delete
  3. This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information. Keep it up. Keep blogging. Looking to reading your next post. best bakery in arizona

    ReplyDelete