Thursday, April 26, 2012

CALEA CAKES - Unforgettable Cakes


After sharing my sweet notes about Contis cakes, my mind went sugary and prompt me to tell tale of my syrupy encounter of Calea Cakes. Cakes have been my indulgence, despite history of Diabetes in my family, I just compensate by drinking plenty of water to wash out sugar. Spread of mouth – that in Bacolod, one must try Calea Cakes to truly imbibe your vacation in south. Having the chance to tour Bacolod, I ensured to squeeze in my itinerary to satisfy craving sweet tooth of visit to Calea.

Doorway to Cake Heaven

On first day, despite exhaustion from traveling from airport to Ruins and Balay Negrense, I made no excuse to end the night without visiting Calea. I heard no complaint from my companions but everyone seemed excited. From Lopues, we took a jeepney ride with sign board “Mandalagan – Libertad”. There is also Calea in Robinson’s Mall but it was unanimous decision to dine at Calea CafĂ© in Lacson street fronting King Fisher Hotel.

Better take note!

It was quarter past 9 in the evening, yet patrons of Calea seemed unstoppable, outside the blue arched door were people waiting to get table. It took awhile and soon as settled, temptations begun and I ended up ordering – slices of chocolate cake, black forest and cheese cake with blueberry sauce, yep it’s all mine!

Better have decision making skill
...and more of decision making

I had my chocolate cake first – it was moist, the filling was rich, there’s a hint of bitter chocolate on icing with sweetness on perfect proportion. Next on line was my cheese cake with blueberry sauce – it was very home made, like my mom had prepared this for me with use of premium ingredients and drizzled with love. I took time out and gulped glass of water before I proceed on my black forest – there was no extraordinary with this one except for the assurance that you’re eating cake of high quality and standard simply by its taste. For three slices of cakes, I was charged for less than 300 php – theory turned out right, it has been tremendously thick and tasty icing on the cake!

chocolate cake, cheese cake and black forest

I had to confessed that the following day, I went to Calea – Robinson’s mall and had two (2) slices of chocolate cake again. Accused me of being glutton but I simply can’t resist. For now, I ask visiting friends from Bacolod to bring me home cake from Calea – yep, its possible, buy two hours before your flight and hand carry it – just don’t buy the ice cream cake!

don't forget to drink plenty of water

1 comment:

  1. and here you go again....i can't simply fly to Bacolod!!!! but soon i will :D

    ReplyDelete