Wednesday, March 14, 2012

CEBU CITY : MISHAP (Part 2)

THE MISHAP

            On the third night, our bodies were on rage due to dehydration and needs refueling. After an hour of whole body massage, we decided to get drunk at Mango Avenue since its a few blocks away from our hotel. Very young crowd liven up the avenue and square, couple of bottles here, tequila shot there and we literally hopped from bar A to Z. I am an average drinker and admittedly exceeded my tolerance, thus, decided to excuse myself and leave my friend behind with our new acquaintances.

            Little did I know predator was already lurking behind as I walk back to our hotel; in a dark alley I was startled when someone put his arm around my shoulder asking if I am from Manila. He was a tall young man at his early 20’s, medium built, dark brown wavy hair and admittedly, he was good looking. I simply nodded and he started to introduce himself. With the nature how he talks, I find him friendly, yet keeping my senses well upbeat.


            On premises of Sampaguita suites, I was ready to bid farewell to this fellow when he surprisingly asked me if we are staying at the same hotel. Displaying his dimpled smile, he again put his arm around my shoulder and sigh “what a coincidence”. He cracked some jokes as we passed by security and reception area that I find hilarious. On elevator, it was no longer surprise that we are on same floor and this time alcohol had drained from my body and became vigilant. As the door opened, I gestured him to step out ahead of me and it was a sigh of relief when we went opposite direction as he said good night.

            It took awhile to open the door as I scrambled for my keys. I was surprised when someone pushed the door behind and let himself in. Frozen by the door as I recognized the face of the same person I encountered on my way here. He was offering me a massage, which I refused, I demanded him to get out immediately for my friend is arriving that very minute but he simply smiled, undressed and started playing himself. I am about to run to call security but thorn from leaving since our valuables were in that room. Already on hysteria, the person was pulling me in as he tried to shut the door but fought my way not to be locked inside the room. I could see frustrations in his eyes as he demanded me to handover my wallet to him or the camera he saw we are using back at the bar. I explained to him that I entrusted my wallet and camera to my friend, that aggravated the situation and able to pull me inside the room with all his might. Bearing pain, I used my foot to block the door from completely closing as he started to search my pockets for money, to no avail he eyed my watch and tried to remove it out from my wrist. I saw the phone, grabbed the receiver, and pressed zero and demanded for security assistance by an instant the operator spoke.  


            From aggravated to demonic as this person started cursing and I stared blank waiting to be injured at any cause. Maybe with divine intervention by the Sto. Nino the person just grabbed his clothes without taking anything and went out passing through the exit doors before security arrived. I phoned my friend and found me in alcohol – blood drained color with security. I reiterated what happened and the management was apologetic thinking the person was a friend since we entered both laughing with the man’s arm around my shoulder. We learned from Sampaguita Suites’ team that they had two reported same incidents of what happened to me but unfortunately the victims were brutally beaten and robbed. The management never offered assistance if we decided reporting to authority.

            The following morning we checked out and decided to spend our remaining days at Bohol. On ferry, I also blame myself for drinking too much, for talking to strangers and ignoring statistics, that Police Regional Office 7 website had warned public. I was traumatized but decided not to file complaint to ease myself form further interrogations and hassles it might bring to me. I simply oath not to visit Cebu City again even it is an all expense paid trip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment